Go to the accounts section of settings, then tap on the shared mailbox account. Click on Delete Account to remove the shared mailbox from your mobile device. This will not impact any of the data in the shared mailbox. By choosing Delete Account you will simply be removing access from Outlook mobile.
Use the EAC to disable a mailbox
- In the EAC, go to Recipients, and click the tab for the type of mailbox that you want to disable: Mailboxes for user mailboxes and linked mailboxes. …
- Find and select the mailbox that you want to disable. …
- After you’ve selected the mailbox or mailboxes that you want to disable, click More.
How do I remove a mailbox from Outlook?
Remove or delete an email account from Outlook
- From the main Outlook window, select File in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select the account you want to delete, then select Remove.
Use the EAC to disable a mailbox
- In the EAC, navigate to Recipients > Mailboxes.
- In the list of user mailboxes, click the mailbox that you want to disable.
- Click More. and then click Disable.
- A warning appears asking if you’re sure you want to disable the mailbox. Click Yes to disable the mailbox.
How do I remove remote mailbox?
With the Remove-RemoteMailbox cmdlet, you can remove an on-premises mail-enabled user and the mailbox from the service. If you only want to remove the mailbox from the service and keep the associated on-premises user, use the Disable-RemoteMailbox cmdlet.
Can you remove your mailbox?
In the U.S., no it is not illegal to remove your mailbox. Technically, although it is for the exclusive use of the USPS, it is still, essentially, your property. You actually rent it to the USPS for FREE when it is installed and used to deliver your mail. In the U.S., no it is not illegal to remove your mailbox.
How do you delete mailbox?
- Go to Applications > Email. …
- On the Email screen, bring up the settings menu and tap Accounts. …
- Press and hold the Exchange Account you want to delete until the Menu window opens.
- On the Menu window, click Remove Account. …
- On the Remove Account warning window, tap OK or Remove Account to finish.
How do I delete a mailbox from mail?
Open Mail and go to your Inbox. Tap Edit in the upper-right corner, then individually select the emails that you want to delete, or tap Select All. Tap Trash or Archive. If you only see Archive, touch and hold Archive to see other options like Trash Selected Messages.
How do I delete an Exchange Online mailbox?
Two Ways to Delete User Mailbox in Exchange Online
- Log in with your Microsoft 365 credentials. Click Admin.
- Go to Users>Active Users. Select the user you want to delete. Then the select Delete user option to delete that particular user mailbox.
To disable automapping, use Windows PowerShell to remove full access permissions from the user for the mailbox, and then add back full access permissions to the user. When you add back full access permissions to the user, use the AutoMapping:$false parameter.
If this shared mailbox is an Exchange online mailbox, you could take step below to delete it with command/script:
- Connect to Exchange online with PowerShell.
- Delete shared mailbox with command: Remove-Mailbox onlineshared.
How do I delete a mailbox in Office 365 without deleting a user?
- Remove the Exo License.
- Clear the mailbox info as before: Set-User Jon@contoso.com -PermanentlyClearPreviousMailboxInfo.
- Resync – ensure the MSExchangeGuid is Synced.
- Re-add Exo License to mailuser in 365.
How do I delete a mailbox without deleting Exchange 2016?
Step by Step How to Delete Mailbox Without Deleting User Account in Exchange Server 2016
- 01 – The trick is, just disable the mailbox to delete the mailbox to retain the user account. Open Exchange Admin Center (EAC). …
- 02 – A warning pops up. Click Yes. …
- 03 – The mailbox now disappears from the list.