If you’re having trouble sharing a folder, it’s possible that the people you’re sharing with don’t have enough space to accept the invite. If you’re having trouble joining a shared folder that someone invited you to, it’s possible the folder is larger than the remaining available space on your account.
Share from the Dropbox folder on your computer
- Open the Dropbox folder on your computer.
- Right-click the file or folder you’d like to share.
- Click Share.
- Type the Email, name, or group of the person (or people) you’d like to share with.
- Select Can edit from the dropdown menu.
- Click Share.
There are multiple reasons why you can’t generate shared links on Dropbox. The service may have activated a sharing ban on your account. Check your browser, clear the cache, disable your extensions and check the results.
Right-click on the folder and click Properties from the menu bar. Go to Sharing tab and click on “Advanced Sharing “ option. … Next, select Permissions and select the Allow box for “Full Control“ to set Full Control permission for everyone that lets you share the folder with everyone.
If you’re a Dropbox Business user, and you share a folder with your teammates, the folder is automatically added to their Dropbox accounts. If you share a folder with an individual Dropbox user, the user needs to manually add the folder to their Dropbox account.
Click the folder you want to share. At the top right, click Get shareable link. Choose whether people can edit or view. Copy and paste the link in an email or any place you want to share it.
Why is Dropbox not working?
Make sure the device you’re using is connected to the internet. If you’re using data, connect to Wi-Fi instead. To restart, resync, or force sync Dropbox, close and reopen (quit and relaunch) the Dropbox app or refresh (reload) dropbox.com on your device.
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Hover over the file or folder you’d like to share and click the share icon (rectangle with an up arrow). If a link hasn’t been created, click Create. …
- The link is copied to your clipboard. You can then paste it into an email, message, or wherever people can access it.
Dropbox You don’t have permission errors when trying to share files are related to user privileges. With Dropbox, you don’t have permission to share or move documents if you’re not their owner or have the right to edit them. So if Dropbox says you don’t have permission, ask the document owner to change your rights.
Fix-1 Change Folder permission-
- Go to the location of the folder you want to share. Right click on the folder and click on “Properties“.
- Now, go to the “Sharing” tab and click on “Advanced Sharing” option.
- Now check option “share this folder“.
- After that, click on permissions.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
How To Fix Can’t Share Folder Error?
- Enable file sharing.
- Advance sharing.
- Remove password protected sharing.
- Disable antivirus.
- Reinstall Windows 10.
How do I change permissions on Dropbox?
Hover over the folder you’d like to manage and click the share icon (rectangle with up arrow). Click the settings icon (gear icon). Select your preferences using the dropdown next to Manage access. Click Save.