You should use VPN to access the network your server is placed, then you would be able to access the shared folder. Other ways to do this is with WebDAV, FTP etc.
How do I access a network drive outside of a network?
Click on Desktop. Double click on File Explorer icon in lower left of screen. Right click on Computer (Windows 8) or This PC (Windows 10) – select Map network drive. Click on Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures.
In the search box in the Windows taskbar, enter \ followed by the IP address of the computer with the shares you want to access (for example \192.168. 10.20) and press Enter. Now a window displaying all of the shares on the remote computer opens.
The “Shared” heading is on the left side of the Finder window. You should see the name of the computer which is sharing the folder you want to access listed there. Select a computer. Below the “Shared” heading, click the name of the computer from which the folder you want to open is being shared.
How do I access a network drive outside my Mac?
How To Map A Network Drive in Mac OS X
- On the finder menu bar, click GO > Connect To Server…
- Enter a network path in the Server Address: box.
- Click Connect.
To access a shared folder on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click and paste the network path for the shared folder in the address bar and press Enter. Source: Windows Central.
- Confirm your account credentials (if applicable).
- Upload, download, or modify files as necessary.
Right-click on the folder and from the pop-up menu that appears, select the option Restore previous versions:
- This opens the Properties window for that folder with the Previous Versions tab selected. …
- Scroll through the list until you find the version you need (when the missing file still existed).
Press and hold (or right-click) the shared folder. Select Properties, and then select Advanced Sharing on the Sharing tab. Select Permissions, check Allow for Full Control of Everyone, and then press Enter. Select OK on the Advanced Sharing dialog box.
press Ctrl+L if you can’t type in the location bar. In shortcuts menu on top left, you have access to the shared folders on your network via the “Network” folder. You should see the PC you’re interested in there. you can also go to places->connect to server then choose windows share and then type the IP address..
How do I find the network path of a folder?
To check the path of a network drive using File Explorer, click on ‘This PC’ on the left panel in Explorer. Then double-click the mapped drive under ‘Network Locations’. The path of the mapped network drive can be seen at the top.
If prompted to sign in, enter your username and password, then click Connect. A list of shared folders will appear. Double-click the shared folder. The shared contents of that folder will now be accessible.
How do I open network location on Mac?
Map a network drive to Mac OS X
- From the Mac OS X Finder, hit Command+K to bring up the ‘Connect to Server’ window.
- Enter the path to the network drive you want to map, ie:
- Enter your login/password and click “OK” to mount the network drive.
- The drive will now appear on your desktop and in the Finder window sidebar.