Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot. For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share. Select Edit > enter a new network name and password > Save. Turn on Share my Internet connection with other devices.
How do I turn on Wi-Fi sharing on Android?
Navigate to Settings > Network & internet > Hotspot & tethering. Here, you can select to share a connection via Wi-Fi, USB, or Bluetooth. For a Wi-Fi connection, tap Wi-Fi hotspot and toggle it on. The hotspot name will be displayed on this screen.
How do u turn on Wi-Fi sharing?
Swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Hotspot . If you don’t find Hotspot , at the bottom left, tap Edit and drag Hotspot into your Quick Settings.
Turn on your hotspot
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
What is Wi-Fi sharing on my phone?
Wi-Fi Tethering is a feature in Samsung Android Smartphones that allows you to share the Internet Connection in your device with other Devices. This feature when turned On makes your phone as an acting Router and it becomes capable of giving rights to other devices which are paired with the router.
Yes, Android does come with a Portable WiFi Hotspot option, which when turned ON, will create a new WiFi hotspot. … Meaning, your Android is connected to a WiFi network and you can create a hotspot sharing the same WiFi network. And both devices will be able to use the Internet at the same time.
Get started with sharing your WiFi network on your Apple device
- Update your device to the latest iOS, iPadOS, or macOS version.
- Turn on WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Add your iCloud address to the contacts of the other device.
- Hold both devices near each other.
- Select the WiFi network you want to connect to.
- Click Share password.
How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
Most Wi-Fi systems can either act as a client OR an access point. Since the Wi-Fi cannot simultaneously perform both roles, you will have no way to share your Wi-Fi. If you are already connected to a wifi , open router settings by opening 192.168.
How does Wi-Fi sharing work on Samsung?
Wi-Fi sharing is an option designed to share your Wi-Fi connection. In other words, you can configure your Galaxy to connect to the Internet using Wi-Fi and share it over the hotspot instead of sharing your mobile data. In such a way, you can extend the coverage of your Wi-Fi network by bridging another hotspot to it.
How do I turn on Wi-Fi and hotspot at the same time?
For Android devices that have the ability to use WiFi and enable hotspot simultaneously, here is the procedure:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Network & Internet>Hotspot & Tethering>WiFi hotspot.
- Set your hotspot name and password.
- Once done, you can turn on the switch for the WiFi hotspot.
Android owners have three tethering options to share a mobile internet connection with their laptop, tablet, or even desktop PC: Connect via Bluetooth. Use your phone as a wireless hotspot. Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
How do I connect two devices to the same Wi-Fi?
Connecting devices using Wi-Fi Direct
- Open Settings on you device and Select Wi-Fi. …
- Tap Wi-Fi Direct. …
- Locate and select the device you would like to connect to. …
- The other device will receive an Invitation to connect, Tap Accept for the connection to be made.