There is a solution – you can share your phone’s WiFi connection to multiple devices using Bluetooth. If you don’t have direct access to a wireless internet connection, it’s quite easy to share your phone’s or any device’s WiFi connection to other devices. Use Bluetooth Tethering.
Simply pair your smartphone with the device you want to share the connection with under Device connectivity > Bluetooth. Once connected, make sure Internet access sharing is enabled in the device profile by tapping the settings icon next to the device name.
Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Most Android phones can share mobile data by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB using the Settings app.
- On the other device, open that device’s list of Wi-Fi options.
- Pick your phone’s hotspot name.
- Enter your phone’s hotspot password.
- Click Connect.
Yes, Android does come with a Portable WiFi Hotspot option, which when turned ON, will create a new WiFi hotspot. But the key here is – you can share the internet from your mobile data to WiFi.
On your Android go to Setting > Network and Internet > WiFi. Scroll down and look for WiFi preference option and tap on Advance, there you’ll find “WiFi Push Button” tap on that. Now go to your WiFi router, and press the WPS button (generally located on the back side).
What is the Wi-Fi repeater?
A WiFi repeater or extender is used to extend the coverage area of your WiFi network. It works by receiving your existing WiFi signal, amplifying it and then transmitting the boosted signal.
How do I make my Wi-Fi and hotspot at the same time?
For Android devices that have the ability to use WiFi and enable hotspot simultaneously, here is the procedure:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Network & Internet>Hotspot & Tethering>WiFi hotspot.
- Set your hotspot name and password.
- Once done, you can turn on the switch for the WiFi hotspot.
What is my Wi-Fi password?
In Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your Wi-Fi network name. In Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties. In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box. Your Wi-Fi network password is displayed in the Network security key box.
How do you give Wi-Fi to another iPhone?
How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
Where do I find my password for my Wi-Fi?
How to find your wifi password on an Android Phone
- Go to “settings” on your phone, then “wifi”.
- Select “saved networks” and click on your home network.
- Choose the share option and enter your password.
- A barcode will appear with the wifi password written below.