Why can’t I see Home Sharing on my iPhone?
Check your Family Sharing settings. Make sure that you’re using the same Apple ID for Family Sharing and Media & Purchases. And make sure that purchase sharing is turned on. Then ask your family members to check their settings too.
How do you turn on Home Sharing?
- In iTunes on your computer, choose File > Home Sharing > Turn On Home Sharing. Log in, then click Create Home Share.
- On iPhone, go to Settings > Music, then log in to Home Sharing using the same Apple ID and password.
- In Music, tap More, then tap Shared and choose your computer’s library.
Is Home Sharing the same as family sharing?
Home Sharing allows you to share your iTunes Library from a computer(Mac or Pc) with other devices on the same wifi/wired network for media playback. Music, Videos etc… It does not share Apps. Family Sharing allows iTunes purchases to be shared with other members of the family group.
How do I turn on iTunes Home Sharing?
Turn on Home Sharing
- In the iTunes app on your PC, choose File > Home Sharing > Turn On Home Sharing.
- Type your Apple ID and password, then click Turn On Home Sharing. If you don’t have an Apple ID, click Create New Apple ID and follow the onscreen instructions.
How does purchase sharing work?
What is purchase sharing? When you turn on purchase sharing, everyone in your family gets access to apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books that family members buy. The family organizer is billed for family members’ purchases. Some items can’t be shared.
What is Home Sharing for?
Homesharing is an alternative way for people to meet their housing needs that provides numerous benefits to homeowners and renters alike. In simple terms, homesharing is an arrangement by which two or more unrelated people share a dwelling within which each retains a private space.
What is Apple Home Sharing on iPhone?
When connected to the same Wi-Fi network and using the same Apple ID, Home Sharing allows you to view and play the iTunes Library that’s located on a computer or stored on an external hard drive, on other computers or iOS devices. …
What is Home Sharing on iPhone music?
There’s a feature in iTunes called Home Sharing that enables music sharing between multiple computers in a single house that are connected to the same network. With Home Sharing turned on, you can listen to music (and watch TV shows and movies) in someone else’s iTunes library, or on their iPhones and iPods.
Where is account and user iPhone?
Viewing your account page
To access the account settings from the iOS apps, tap on the user icon from the main boards page. You can find this in the bottom right corner on the iPhone or the top left corner on the iPad.
Is family sharing free?
How much does Apple Family Sharing cost? It’s free, but to share some paid-for services you’ll need to have the appropriate subscription plan – so for example to share Apple Music you’ll need a family subscription.
What types of content can I share with my family?
- Music, movies, and TV shows from the iTunes Store or Apple TV app.
- Books from the Book Store in Apple Books.
- Apps that you can purchase or download from the App Store.
- Subscriptions and in-app purchases from participating apps.
- Subscriptions from Apple, including:
Family Sharing lets you and up to five other family members share access to amazing Apple services like Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple News+, Apple Arcade, and Apple Card. Your group can also share iTunes, Apple Books, and App Store purchases, an iCloud storage plan, and a family photo album.
Sharing Songs and Albums on Your iOS Device
- Launch the Music app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the song or album that you want to share.
- Tap the ellipsis (three dots) button to bring up the action menu.
- Tap Share Song…/Album… to bring up the Share Sheet and see your sharing options.
How do I access iTunes File sharing?
Transfer files between your PC and devices with iTunes
- Connect your device to your computer. …
- In the iTunes app on your PC, click the Device button near the top left of the iTunes window.
- Click File Sharing.
- In the list on the left, select the app on your device that you want to transfer a file to or from.
How do I download music from Home Sharing to my iPhone?
On the new iPhone, open the Settings app and tap Music. Toggle ‘Show Apple Music’ and ‘iCloud Music Library’ on (make sure you have a decent Wi-Fi connection). Your iCloud Music Library should then download on the iPhone.