The easiest way to find a list of network shared folders is to use File Explorer (Windows 10) or Windows Explorer (Windows 8 and Windows 7). Open Windows File Explorer, go to the Folders pane, and select Network. Select the computer that has the shared folders you want to browse.
Press and hold (or right-click) the shared folder. Select Properties, and then select Advanced Sharing on the Sharing tab. Select Permissions, check Allow for Full Control of Everyone, and then press Enter. Select OK on the Advanced Sharing dialog box.
How do I access a folder on the same network?
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
Double-click the name of the computer from which the folder you want to open is being shared. Select a folder. Double-click the folder you want to open. Enter a username and password if prompted.
- Open the shared drive in File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder in question.
- Click on the white space on the right side of the folder path.
- Copy this information and paste it into Notepad. …
- Press the windows key + r at the same time.
- Type “cmd” into the Run box and press OK.
To access a shared folder on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click and paste the network path for the shared folder in the address bar and press Enter. Source: Windows Central.
- Confirm your account credentials (if applicable).
- Upload, download, or modify files as necessary.
How do I see other computers on my Network Windows 10?
To find other devices in the network, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Click on Network from the left pane.
- See computers available in the local network. Network view in File Explorer.
- Double-click the device to access its shared resources, such as shared folders or shared printers.
How can I access files from another computer on my Network?
Open File Explorer and select a file or folder that you wish to give other computers access to. Click the “Share” tab and then choose which computers or which network to share this file with. Select “Workgroup” to share the file or folder with every computer on the network.