Open drives in Windows 10 File Explorer and select files that you want to share with Windows 7. 2. On the Windows File Explorer window, go to the Share tab at the top pane, click “Share” and select “Specific people…”.
You can choose to share with “Everyone”, which means the files will be accessible on your local network to anyone even if they don’t have a password. … Find the Windows 7 computer’s name in the Network section on the Windows 10 computer. Double click the name to open it, and the shared folder is located there.
PC Cannot See Shared Folders in Windows 10
- Make sure your computers are using the same network and IP version, i.e. IPv4 or IPv6. …
- Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers.
- Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers.
- Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest.
Can Windows 10 network with Windows 7?
Although we focus on configuring and managing HomeGroup on Windows 10, you can also connect Windows 7 and Windows 8. x computers to the network and share content.
How do I transfer files from Windows 7 to Windows 10 wirelessly?
Setting up Sharing
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files that you want to share.
- Select one, multiple, or all the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button.
- Select a contact, nearby sharing device, or one of the Microsoft Store apps (such as Mail)
How do I enable file sharing in Windows 7?
Step 2: Turning on Network discovery and file sharing in Windows 7
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Under Network and Internet, click Choose Homegroup and sharing options. …
- In the Homegroup settings window, click Change advanced sharing settings. …
- Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing.
Browse to the folder you want to share. Right-click the folder, select Share with, and then click Homegroup (Read), Homegroup (Read/Write), or Specific people. If you chose Specific people, the File Sharing window displays. Click the down arrow and select the account you want to share with, and then click Add.
Steps to Access Shared Folder in Windows 7
- Step 1: Click on your “Username” available on the “Start” menu.
- Step 2: Under Homegroup option, you will see the system names connected to your system’s homegroup, click on the arrow to expand the folder.
- Step 3: Select the folder, which you want to access.
Is SMB enabled by default in Windows 10?
SMB 3.0 is supported on Windows clients since Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, it is by default enabled. SMB 3.1 is supported on Windows clients since Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016, it is by default enabled.
How do I enable file sharing in Windows 10?
Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing, and turn off password protected sharing.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet , and on the right side, select Sharing options.
- Under Private, select Turn on Network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing.
Sharing files using basic settings
- Open File Explorer on Windows 10.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the item, and select the Properties option. …
- Click on the Sharing tab.
- Click the Share button. …
- Use the drop-down menu to select the user or group to share a file or folder. …
- Click the Add button.
Is Win 10 free?
Microsoft allows anyone to download Windows 10 for free and install it without a product key. It’ll keep working for the foreseeable future, with only a few small cosmetic restrictions.
Does Windows 10 have a migration tool?
Use Windows 10 migration tool: It can perfectly overcome the shortcomings of clean install. Within several clicks, you can transfer Windows 10 and its user profile to target disk without reinstalling. Just boot off the target disk, and you’ll see the familiar operating environment.